The 7 core beliefs of enCompass Church:
1) We're seekers of truth. We believe that Scripture contains the foundational and essential truth for discovering how to love God with all our minds, hearts, and souls. Through reading, studying, discussing, and reflecting upon Scripture we seek to apply God’s wisdom to all facets of our lives.
2) We're followers of Christ. We believe that Christ is the only perfect human expression of God’s character and intentions. With Christ as our example and the Holy Spirit as our guide we strive to demonstrate his character in our thoughts, attitudes, words, and actions.
3) We're celebrants of grace. We believe that because of our own sin and shortcomings, none of us deserve the grace and forgiveness of God. As the life and death of Christ offer us new hope and opportunity, we invite others to experience God’s grace with us.
4) We're a community of action. We believe that faith without action is worthless. We join together to use our time, energy, abilities, and resources to generate purposeful service for Christ in our local and global communities.
5) We're lovers of people. We believe that since all people are loved by God, we're called to reflect that love. We seek to demonstrate love and offer service to others, no matter their background, beliefs, or circumstances.
6) We're innovators of ministry. We believe that God is both the Creator and the source of all creativity. We continually change, adapt, and innovate new forms of ministry and outreach to inspire others and accomplish our purpose.
7) We're promoters of hope. We believe that God's purpose will fully and completely be accomplished when Christ returns again to earth. In the meantime, we continually look for God's goodness each and every day. (See our Mission, Values, and Vision.)