enCompass is a small, relational church where seekers of Jesus are encouraged to be real and genuine and do life together as a family. We are seeking a Pastor who will lead enCompass and carry on our values of belonging, growing, and serving in the Roseville, Minnesota, area and beyond. The Pastor will provide inspirational teaching and counsel to the congregation, oversight and support to the staff, perspective and insight to the leadership board, and actively identify and develop new leaders within the church body.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in pastoral ministry, demonstrated preaching experience, and a passion for enCompass’ values. Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Evidence of a committed, mature, and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be characterized by the qualifications for office stated in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, and the spirit of humility and servanthood called for in passages such as Matthew 20:25-28 and I Peter 5:1-4.
- Be or become an ordained minister, in agreement with faith and practice of the Converge North Central Conference.
- Experience in Biblical teaching and preaching in a pastoral/ministry role.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly relational interpersonal skills, demonstrating authenticity, energy, enthusiasm, and passion for ministry and people.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to develop and articulate a mission/vision, build support, and engage the church community in fulfilling its purpose
- Ability to recruit, train, develop, and motivate people for leadership and the church community for hands-on ministry.
- Demonstrate a passion for enCompass’ mission, values, culture, and church body.
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to envision and revitalize, spearheading change as needed.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with staff and church leadership to develop goals and execute plans to achieve them.
of enCompass Church will provide active guidance and leadership in the
Visionary: Lead the church by casting the vision for ministry and motivating others to fulfill the vision. Provide ongoing evaluation of the health and effectiveness of the church, offering perspectives and suggestions that will help enCompass develop and maintain successful ministry. Seek God’s direction in discerning His plan for the enCompass community through the exploration and implementation of creative ways to achieve His mission.
Leadership: Supervise and support the staff and ministry teams as they oversee church ministries and functions on a regular basis. Guide staff in goal setting, leadership development, and spiritual direction. Work alongside the Leadership Board in implementing church structure in accordance with the constitution and bylaws. Lead the congregation with a servant heart and respect. Encourage, empower, and develop future church leaders.
Worship: Plan meaningful personal and corporate worship experiences that bring people into the presence of an awesome and Holy God. Make Scripture applicable to daily life by providing Biblical preaching through well-developed, relevant teaching and messages based on God’s truth. Coordinate with the worship leader, staff, and volunteers for Sunday services and special events. Celebrate alongside the enCompass family by performing rites of passage, such as child dedications, baptisms, weddings, and funerals.
Prayer: Pray diligently for and with the church community and staff. Seek God’s direction in identifying and supporting those who need prayer.
Shepherding: Provide guidance and assistance to individuals in the church community. Exemplify compassion and love to all people and give counsel as needed. Guide leaders and others in the church to give care to those in need. It is understood that the Pastor is not able to provide direct care for every person and may refer individuals to church leaders, other church members, or professional resources.
Associations: Conduct himself or herself in a manner that aligns with the constitution, bylaws, mission, and values of enCompass Church. Represent enCompass in Converge North Central, Converge Worldwide, local churches and ministries, the Roseville community, and all other associations.
The Pastor is accountable to the Leadership Board and ultimately to the church membership. The Pastor is not a voting member of the Leadership Board. He/She will be present to provide input, perspective, and guidance at Board meetings. All staff members report to the Lead Pastor.